The subject of Value Added Tax (VAT) remains a key consideration for charities and is often a significant cost. Amendments to legislation combined with the fact that there are regularly new interpretations to VAT laws, make it essential to seek the advice of experts to ensure that wherever possible, liabilities are reduced.
Our VAT staff have worked with a range of organisations in the voluntary sector for many years and have successfully negotiated with HM Revenue & Customs on several significant cases.
We are able to provide a detailed VAT review which looks at all of your current activities together with future plans, and helps to identify potential opportunities or possible pitfalls.
Our services include:
- VAT registration
- partial exemption methods
- planning in relation to property transactions and business/non-business apportionments
- updates on VAT legislation and HM Revenue & Customs policy
- support during HM Revenue & Customs inspections
- representation at VAT tribunals
- ad hoc VAT support
- VAT reviews and health checks