The HR audit process can cover a whole range of areas and can be as specific or broad depending on the company. Requirements will vary, depending on the size of your business and size of HR department as well.
An HR audit will look at issues, such as:
- the company’s recruitment process
- benefits and compensation processes
- contracts and employee handbooks
- how employee performances are evaluated
- training and education programmes
- HR strategy
- hiring and firing practices
- exit procedures
Each area can be customised to meet your company’s specific needs. In fact, depending on what your needs are, an HR audit can focus on a specific area, such as contracts or benefits, or cover the whole spectrum of an HR department’s activities.