Reporting to the Audit and Accounts Managers and Partners, this position is designed to provide a broad but high level of service to clients, primarily owner managed businesses including sole traders, limited companies and partnerships. The main purpose of the role is the preparation of year-end accounts, including those of audited entities (although auditing will not be a requirement of the role), preparation of corporation tax returns and computations and helping provide business advice and tax planning to clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients including audit limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of confirmation and minutes
- To highlight any deficiencies in client records provided or in the conduct of the client’s business, which are material or a cause for concern and make recommendations as required.
- Finalisation of accounts and completion of disclosure checklists.
- Delegation of work to more junior staff and quality review.
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email.
- Providing advice to owner managers on both business and personal matters.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified ACCA/ACA
- Previous demonstrable practice experience
- Experience in the preparation of statutory financial statements, including those for audited entities.
- Preferable experience of working with IRIS, CCH Practice Suite, Xero, Quickbooks and Sage.
- Experience in the preparation of corporation tax computations.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Project a professional manner and appearance at all times
- Track record of successfully managing, motivating and leading junior staff on assignments
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Commercial awareness
- Work to own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org