Reporting to the Managers and Partners, this position is designed to provide a broad but high level of client service to small, audit exempt clients, primarily owner managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnerships. The main purpose of the role is the preparation of year end accounts and providing business advice to clients. This role will evolve to take full responsibility for a portfolio of such clients.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of small clients.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation and minutes
- Highlight any deficiencies in client records provided or in the conduct of the client’s business which are material or a cause for concern and recommend action to client to improve matters.
- Ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed.
- Preparation of management accounts
- Delegate analysis work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including reviewing work once complete.
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email.
- Providing advice to owner managers on both business and personal matters.
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provide them with all the data which they have requested. Subsequently post tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Qualified or Part qualified currently studying towards the ACA or ACCA qualification
- Previous demonstrable practice experience
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements.
- Experience of working with Sage 50 Accounts.
- Experience of working with Xero.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Project a professional manner and appearance at all times
- Track record of successfully managing, motivating and leading junior staff on assignments
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Commercial awareness
- Work to own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable
To be considered for this role, please apply direct here.