Reporting directly to the Assistant Tax Manager, this position involves working in the personal tax team with the provision of appropriate training in personal and business taxation, with a view to developing and becoming a qualified (if not already qualified) and experienced Tax Practitioner.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of Tax Returns and computations
- Advising clients on tax liabilities in a timely manner
- Assisting clients with their tax compliance regulations and meeting the required deadlines in respect of tax compliance (filing and payment)
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds
- Undertaking research into tax enquiries and providing tax planning advice appropriate to your experience and training.
- Assist in providing tax advice on client portfolios and ad hoc assignments as they arise
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and tax authorities
- To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and non-residence issues.
- Working as part of a team
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with basic client queries and /or enquiries (internal and external clients)
- Providing general assistance to the tax team
- Raise awareness of other WK services, including Financial Services, and highlight possible cross or up selling opportunities
- Admin and other ad hoc tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
- Work in the field of tax
- Basic knowledge and understanding of personal tax returns, and proven prior experience of working in a similar role
- Desire to study and achieve professional qualification(s)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficient and organised approach to work
- Good IT skills
- Ability to balance your workload with the pressures of studying for a professional qualification
- Effective time management
- Self-motivated and professional manner
- Good communication skills
- Flexible approach and enthusiastic team player
- Competitive starting salary (to reflect experience) with quick salary progression based on ATT exam results and office-based performance
- Payment of all course fees study leave, study materials, travel to and from college and (first) exam sitting
- Informal buddy system
- Potential to go on to study for the CTA qualification
To be considered for this role, please apply direct here.