Reporting to tax managers, this position involves providing advice to the whole portfolio of corporate and business (to include shareholders) clients of the Portsmouth office, and in some cases other WK offices, where required. Your work will cover tax research, tax computations, tax returns and advisory work. You will most likely be ACA/ACCA qualified looking to continue your studies by progressing with the CTA qualification. Part qualified candidates will also be considered.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for around 40/50% tax advisory as well as 60/50% compliance matters (for example review of Corporation Tax computations and returns). The advisory element would cover work including (but not limited to):
- Research & Development;
- Share schemes including EMI share option schemes and Employee Shareholder Status shares;
- EIS and SEIS investment;
- Capital Allowances;
- Mergers, de-mergers, substantial shareholdings exemption and group restructuring;
- Tax advice on corporate sales and acquisitions; and
- International tax matters.
- To assist with the preparation and submission of self-assessment Personal Tax returns and computations.
- To assist with the preparation and submission of Corporation tax returns and computations
- To prepare client letters, fee quotes and fees.
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds and ERS returns
- Assisting with the firms audit function when looking at the corporation tax of companies. To include tax accounting.
- Undertaking research into tax enquiries on client affairs and adhoc assignments as they arise.
- To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work.
- To assist with dealing with more complex client queries (internal and external).
- To attend client meetings.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified (part qualified will be considered)
- Competent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- High level of numeracy
- Methodical approach to work
- Ability to work to time deadlines
- Willingness to handle responsibility and assist with junior team members
- An aptitude for detailed work
- Personable, friendly attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- To demonstrate the ability to use initiative as well as develop an understanding of when to ask questions
- The ability to communicate with different levels of employees
To be considered for this role, please apply direct here.