Working as part of the Learning and Development team with in a large professional services group, to provide a proactive, professional and supportive Learning and Development service to the group across all service lines and offices. Responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of a full training cycle in line with the group’s strategy.
This role will involve extensive travel across the UK covering offices across the South and Midlands.
- Effectively manage the full training cycle up to management level within the group.
- Support the Head of Learning and Development with the development, delivery and support of programmes which support the long term development of skills and knowledge across the group, enabling staff, managers and directors to fulfil their potential in line with the needs of the Group and relevant professional bodies.
- Supporting offices and line managers in conducting training needs analysis and supporting the development of appropriate training and development plans and activities.
- Developing intranet resources and knowledge/ideas exchanges.
- Working with the Head of Learning and Developing to create varying support initiatives to develop service lines.
- Effective evaluation of activities and related training costs, providing regular reporting to the Head of Learning and Development.
- Develop and manage effective onboarding programmes working with the wider HR team.
- Support the training undertaken by those staff going through professional qualifications. Monitor and review progress of groups and individuals, and reporting to Partners & Managers as appropriate.
- Producing training material for in-house courses which will include online recorded and live webinars.
- Research, implement and develop new methods of learning as appropriate.
- Be familiar with e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- In conjunction with the Head of Learning and Development and Partners responsible for professional training, offer support for the Trainees across all locations in the Group. This includes making recommendations on and taking part in their recruitment and induction process, providing ongoing support as well as managing administration and liaising with appropriate professional bodies.
- Ensure that CPD is accurately recorded and reported.
- Work with external training providers to ensure cost effective and appropriate training is carried out.
- Assist with the development of the Learning and Development function across the group.
- Ensure all written documentation reflects the professional image of the group.
- Provide support to Learning and Development projects and daily activities as required.
Ability to demonstrate behaviours at the appropriate level as described in the group’s Guiding Principles document.
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Planning and organising
- Drive for results
- Curiosity for information
- Managing and developing self and others
- L&D experience in a Professional Group preferred
- Preferred candidates will hold an appropriate qualification eg CIPD
- Strong interpersonal skills should be demonstrated
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong planning and organisation skills should be demonstrated with the ability to provide a pro-active HR service.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (FAO Anna Gibbs, Recruitment Manager).