The completion of accountancy and outsourcing tasks for clients, both onsite and offsite, in conformity with the firms standards of quality and excellence and within budget.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish professional, polite and friendly relationships with client;
- Liaison with managers where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues
- Delegate work to more junior staff if required and monitor understanding and completion of those tasks
- Record clearly and concisely work done
- Complete accounts and outsourcing programmes by undertaking tasks allocated and signing off to evidence completion
- Preparation of information to undertake a cheque/bacs run
- Excellent bookkeeping skills and the update of the accounting records from the information and documentation made available.
- Reconciliation of accounts e.g. bank, sales and purchase ledgers and PAYE
- Prepare bank excel spreadsheet with running totals and agree daily to accounting records
- Maintain personal time records in accordance with the firm’s policy.
- Compute journal entries (e.g. depreciation, stock, work in progress, accruals, prepayments and wages) for approval
- Validation of all Trial Balance codes against external evidence.
- Develop Management Accounts files and related schedules for review by senior management
- Prepare Management accounts for clients for senior manager approval
- Ensure all deadlines are met within a timely manner
- Assist with the training and development of more junior members in the team
- To travel and work from client premises
- Provide training to clients in bespoke accounting software packages
- Possible involvement with statutory year-end accounts preparation
- Preparation of VAT returns and associated legislation returns.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Software experience with accounting packages such as Xero, Quickbooks and Sage 50 Accounts.
- The ability to produce accounts for sole traders and partnerships.
- Previous experience of dealing with a considerable client portfolio in practice
- Previous and demonstrable accounts experience
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To demonstrate good timekeeping skills as well as displaying a professional attitude in all aspects of their work.
- The ability to communicate with different levels of employees
- Ability to use initiative to assist clients without direct support;
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm
- Ability to mentor junior members of staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (FAO Anna Gibbs, Internal Recruiter).