Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, this position involves working in the Payroll team. The main purpose of the role is to run and maintain the payroll for external clients. You will assist on all payroll related matters including PAYE and NI; process payment and deductions; complete auto enrolment; deal with HMRC correspondence and queries as well as providing calculations of SSP, maternity, paternity and adoption pay. You will assume responsibility for a portfolio of payroll clients and be expected to deal with all client management matters.
This position will require the holder to be able to provide flexibility in geographic location in order to provide STAR knowledge support across multiple offices. Any business expenses would be paid in full.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual payrolls as required.
- Prepare excel spreadsheets with running totals of outstanding PAYE and NI liabilities for your clients
- To review work of the Payroll Administrator
- Forward payments to HMRC and arranging pension payments on a monthly basis on behalf of clients as required
- Reconciliation of the payroll year end and submission to HMRC including issuing P60s
- Assist with Automatic Enrolment administration, as directed
- Submission of relevant payroll forms on line to HMRC, as required
- Dealing with client, HMRC and Automatic Enrolment queries in relation to payroll matters as they arise, within the deadline
- To assist staff from other WK offices with payroll related matters, if required
- To potentially be involved in providing payroll training to clients, if required
- Liaising with seniors/managers in relation to any issues such as time over runs, client non-performance etc.
- Provide support to the Payroll Managers in relation to planning and overseeing the teams workload
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with STAR Payroll - essential
- Experience of working within Payroll - essential
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Good applied knowledge of Payroll legislation and compliances
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To demonstrate good timekeeping skills as well as displaying a professional attitude in all aspects of their work.
- The ability to communicate with different levels of employees
- Ability to use initiative to assist clients without direct support
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm
- Effective problem solver
- Ability to train and mentor junior members of staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness to study for a CIPP certificate, if applicable
To be considered for this role, please apply direct here.