We are looking for a trainee with energy, ambition and a strong sense of commitment to join our Payroll team.
Reporting to your superiors, this position involves working in the Payroll team. The main purpose of the role is to run and maintain the payroll for external clients. You will assist on all payroll related matters including PAYE and NI; process payment and deductions; complete auto enrolment; deal with HMRC correspondence and queries as well as providing calculations of SSP, maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing standard payrolls (initially with director only and 1-5 employee payrolls – once competency levels have been reached, more challenging payrolls will be on offer)
- assist with administration, including creating reports and submitting returns to pension providers, as directed
- Completion of internal new client forms, letters of engagements and online portals logins
- Raising fees/invoices as required
- On-going monthly payroll reconciliation and Real Time Information submissions
- Completion of year end submissions and generating P60s
- Progression to Payroll Administrator/Executive after 12-18 months where CIPP Technician Certificate study can commence
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- School and college leavers will be considered for the role
- A-C grades at A level or equivalent - essential
- Computer experience - Word, Excel –essential
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to take the initiative
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a sense of commitment and motivation
- Willingness to handle responsibility
- Strong team player
To be considered for this role, please apply direct here.