Overall Purpose of Job
To continue to deliver and develop the high quality provision of tax services by Wilkins Kennedy. Reporting directly to the Tax Partner/Director, you will assume the responsibility for running the tax department in a reliable, professional and commercial manner, and for the management of staff including performance and absence management. You will be working with and advising a portfolio of private clients on personal tax matters relating primarily to income tax and capital gains. The role is primarily managing a portfolio of clients and supervising the personal tax team but you would be expected to assist the Tax Partner on ad hoc projects and planning matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be working with high net worth individuals, business owners and personal clients to help manage and structure their personal and family affairs in a tax-effective manner. You will advise clients as necessary to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change. You will assist clients in meeting the complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning and strategy.
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Assisting the Director and Partners with the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Responsible for day‐to‐day client liaison
- Maintaining a portfolio of private clients, ensuring that all aspects of their affairs are dealt with accurately and timely.
- Assisting clients with their wider tax compliance obligations
Managing and supervising
- Support, advise, coach and motivate team members when required and ensure they fulfil their responsibilities
- Assist with succession planning and knowledge sharing within the team to ensure adequate cover for all roles at all times
Managing a portfolio
- Ensure all personal targets are met or exceeded
- Ensure departmental targets are reached or exceeded in relation to:
- Margin (Recovery)
- Commercially manage and develop own client portfolio
- Ensure clients are always kept up to date with relevant technical and industry developments
Assist the Partners and Director with maintaining and expanding their network of professional contacts and referrers:
- Proactive marketing and generation of new work i.e. seek out new work from clients, partners and staff in both offices and market services of tax teams
- Attend networking and other events to help promote the business
- Assist or deliver presentations or pitches to clients or potential clients as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- CTA qualified
- Working in practice
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Experience of dealing confidently with a variety of personal clients
- An outgoing approach with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with clients
- Enthusiastic, positive and willing attitude to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent, accurate and hands on approach to work
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Maintain adequate CPD in all areas of tax
- Flexible approach during busy periods
- Some experience in dealing with Inheritance Tax and Trust issues.
- Experience in giving tax planning advice to clients
- Good networking skills
Please contact Anna Gibbs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about this role. If you would like to submit an application, please send me a copy of your CV, complete with your salary expectations.