The purpose of this role is to take responsibility to deliver tax advisory services for a varied portfolio of clients. You would be expected to work with the Regional Tax Partner in leading the planning and delivery of tax advisory services in conjunction with the other Partners within the Office. Responsible for managing the delivery of the tax advice and planning services and other specialist assignments to scope and budget. Work is varied and will include planning and advisory work around HNWI’s for their Capital Gains Tax, Income Tax, Inheritance Tax plus Trusts and Estates.
- To work with and support the Regional Tax Partner to deliver tax advisory services across the North Thames region
- Assist with leading the planning and delivery of tax advisory services with the Regional Tax Partner and Partners within the Office.
- Develop strong working relationships with allocated clients through assignments and regular contact, including attending client meetings where necessary.
- Undertake specialist assignments, coordinating all relevant input to meet client needs, compliance standards and budget.
- Resolve tax issues and produce complete tax files.
- Manage the office tax team by the provision of feedback for team members, delegation of assignments to support the development of team skills and knowledge and continually improve the quality and delivery of work.
- Take ownership of specialist assignments both for the Office and for referred matters from around the North Thames region.
- Identify additional support or services appropriate to client’s circumstances and introduce other specialists where necessary.
- Business tax advisory and tax planning
- Providing advisory services as required, including advice on tax issues, including dealing with any clearances required with HM Revenue & Customs
- Assisting others in the tax team, North Thames region and the wider firm with any tax queries
- Developing client relationships to become the first point of contact for client queries
- Meeting new clients and helping to grow the tax services offered by Wilkins Kennedy
- To review topical tax matters and advise to appropriate clients
- Supervise, delegate, monitor and review work of more junior staff
- Ensure all deadlines are met within a timely manner for own work and that of others in the team
- Prepare fee quotes for all client work
- Monitor time against budget / fixed fee agreement
- To be involved in supervision, training and development of the team
- Attendance at in house meetings and external courses
- Regular reading of tax journals
- To develop strong client relationships
- To develop strong relationships with team members
- To develop marketing skills
- To attend local networking events
- Identification and development of opportunities for Wilkins Kennedy with current clients and beyond
- Previous tax experience in a similar role within a practice environment with exposure to range of complex assignments
- CTA and possibly ACA (or equivalent) qualified.
- Experience in supervising, coaching and mentoring staff members.
- An all-round tax background personal tax issues.
- An ability to manage a portfolio effectively and meet client expectations.
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm.
- Ability to manage workload and time effectively.
- Self-motivation and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective problem solver.
- Ability to use initiative to assist clients and use experience and knowledge to do so.
- Ability to cope with pressure of meeting regular tight regulatory and other deadlines
- Ability to review technical work
To be considered for this role, please apply direct here.