To help deliver and develop a high quality provision of tax services to clients. Reporting ultimately to the Tax Partner, the role involves a mixture of compliance and advisory work for a large number of clients from various industries and backgrounds, ranging from sole traders to limited companies with larger turnovers and HNWIs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing own mixed client portfolio
- Reviewing corporation tax computations and other work prepared by team members
- Preparing more complex tax computations
- Preparing and filing Corporate and Personal Tax Returns
- Advising clients on tax compliance regulations and liabilities
- Meeting required deadlines in respect of tax compliance (filing and payment)
- Undertaking research into tax enquiries and providing tax planning advice appropriate to your experience and training.
- Achieving or exceeding assignment budgets and profits and/or identifying reasons for non-achievement of budgets as appropriate
- Assisting managers across the region to ensure tax teams are making best use of the resources available at all times
- Raising awareness of other WK services, including WK Financial Planning, WK HR Consultancy, WK Corporate Finance etc.
- Securing new clients through ongoing business development initiatives
- Building and maintaining successful relationships with existing clients
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues and relevant tax authorities and other interested third parties
- Providing general assistance to the tax team
- Admin and other ad hoc tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a mixed corporate/personal tax background but the role can be flexed for the right person. Corporate tax experience is however essential. Opportunities to develop and take the role further, including study options, are naturally available for the right candidate.
- Relevant experience in tax
- Hands on experience of a broad range of personal and/or corporate /business tax matters
- ATT qualified
- Practice background
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Flexible approach during busy periods
- CTA qualified (or studying for CTA, or looking to study CTA or equivalent)
- Experience of both personal and corporate/business tax
- Business /industry experience
- Car owner and driver
To be considered for this role, please apply direct here.