The ideal individual would be a personal tax specialist. Opportunities to develop and take the role further, including study options, are available for the right candidate.
You will help deliver and develop the high quality provision of tax services to Wilkins Kennedy clients. Reporting to the Personal Tax Manager and/or Partner, this position involves a mixture of compliance and advisory work for a varied personal tax portfolio including sole traders, company directors, and HNWIs.
- Responsible for managing own client portfolio
- Preparation and review of personal tax returns
- Preparing more complex tax computations
- Advising clients on tax compliance regulations and liabilities
- Meeting required deadlines in respect of tax compliance (filing and payment)
- Undertaking research into tax enquiries and providing tax planning advice appropriate to your experience and training.
- Achieving or exceeding assignment budgets and profits and/or identifying reasons for non-achievement of budgets as appropriate
- Assisting managers across the region to ensure tax teams are making best use of the resources available at all times
- Raising awareness of other WK services, including WK Financial Planning, WK Business Solutions Ltd, WK Corporate Finance etc.
- Securing new clients through ongoing business development initiatives
- Building and maintaining successful relationships with existing clients
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues and relevant tax authorities and other interested third parties
- Providing general assistance to the tax team
- Admin and other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Proven experience working within tax
- Hands on experience of a broad range of personal tax matters
- ATT qualified
- Practice background
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Flexible approach during busy periods
- CTA qualified (or studying for CTA, or looking to study CTA or equivalent)
- Business /industry experience
- Car owner and drive
To be considered for this role, please apply direct here.