8 May 2017 - 8 June 2017
|Job Title:||Marketing Assistant|
|Hours of Work:||Full Time|
|Location:||Ashford & other offices in Kent|
Wilkins Kennedy LLP Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers provide a full range of accounting and business advisory services to a diverse range of businesses and individuals across the UK and abroad.
As a fast growing, top 20 UK accountancy firm, Wilkins Kennedy LLP has an excellent reputation for assessing individual and business needs in a changing marketplace and delivering intelligent, practical financial solutions.
Wilkins Kennedy LLP operate from 17 regional offices based across the South of England with a turnover in excess of £50 million, 73 partners and over 600 members of staff.
We're looking for people with enquiring, lively minds and a strong sense of commitment. In return we offer an excellent training programme and career opportunities.
Assist with the delivery of Marketing and Business Development objectives for offices in the South (Kent) region, whilst also ensuring that activities are coordinated with other offices and support the firm’s marketing plan. Assist build the brand locally in line with corporate brand guidelines, and assist in delivering office and regional marketing, events and business development programmes to a high standard, in line with the firm’s goals and with attention to return on investment.
Key Areas of Focus
1. Assist to develop and deliver office and region marketing and business development plan.
- Attend office marketing meetings, provide suggestions for local marketing and BD plan.
- Help to deliver local e-shots/mailings in accordance with brand guidelines, help create mailing lists and, where necessary, ensure that partners review and approve recipients.
- Help to book local advertising and sponsorship in accordance with office/regional marketing plan, ensuring that all promotion complies with firm’s brand guidelines.
- Think of local PR opportunities to help build office profile, and work with central marketing to secure media coverage.
- Check brochures and merchandise in offices and liaise with central marketing to ensure availability of correctly branded material in office receptions and for local events.
- Any other duties as required to deliver marketing programmes.
2. Assist with delivery of office, regional and sector events programme.
- Help to design invites, produce content and achieve sign-off.
- Work with colleagues to create mailing lists, issue invitations, monitor responses, confirm bookings and issue joining instructions to delegates.
- Help maintain attendee list, advise partners of attendee numbers and chase-up responses as necessary to ensure adequate attendance.
- Consider the suitability of venues, making bookings and ordering catering where necessary. Help with set up, print badges and ensure marketing material is available on the day.
- Provide event collateral, banners, projectors as appropriate.
- Liaise with third party suppliers as necessary, working to the agreed budget.
- Help colleagues regarding support for events, attending where necessary.
- Provide hands-on support to ensure smooth running of event, manage set-up, welcome guests, manage catering and tidy up.
- Issue feedback questionnaire and contribute to post-event review to establish areas for improvement for future events.
- Work closely with other marketing colleagues to share information and details of events.
3. Help with business development and bid support where necessary
- Help colleagues with production of proposal documents where required.
- Research local target companies for marketing communication and BD activity.
- Help the office to manage business relationships with local organisations such as chambers of commerce, academic institutions and enterprise hubs.
- An appreciation of marketing in a professional services partnership or LLP
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to see the bigger picture whilst delivering operational programmes
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving skills
- Evaluation and critical thinking skills
- PC literate
- Driving licence and use of a vehicle as travel throughout the region will be required.
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to Helen Dudley, Regional HR Manager.