Budget Hub 2017
Autumn Budget Report 2017
Autumn Budget First Thoughts
From April 2018, increases in business rates will be pegged to CPI instead of RPI.
Tax and NIC
- SDLT abolished for first-time buyers of property up to £300,000. First-time buyer of property less than £500,000 will pay no SDLT on the first £300,000
- Personal allowance to rise to £11,850 in April 2018 and threshold at which higher-rate tax is charged to increase to £46,350.
- No benefit in kind for electric cars charged at work.
- R&D tax credit raised to 12% for large company scheme.
- VAT threshold for small business to remain at £85,000 for two years.
- Freezing indexation allowance for Capital Gains Tax from January 2018.
- Digital economy – from April 2019, income tax will be applied on royalties on UK sales paid to low-tax jurisdictions.
- Government is also looking at a split VAT payment model to reduce online VAT fraud and improve VAT collection.
At Wilkins Kennedy, our objective is to work closely with you so that we can tailor the perfect package and deliver the most cost effective and meaningful support possible.
We provide a full range of services, covering a wide range of sectors including;
Each regional office offers clients a fully supportive, personal service, through a structured, partner-led approach.
Clients benefit from senior overview and legislative advice combined with a team of dedicated specialists and expertly trained professionals.