Our specialist team offers real-world and practical customs solutions that will help to mitigate and prepare for the challenges and changes which lie ahead.
We offer bespoke customs and excise duty advisory services which are focussed on helping a business successfully navigate the complex customs and excise legislation.
Businesses and individuals that import and export goods are set to experience fundamental changes over the coming year and beyond. These changes will throw-up new challenges and will likely bring additional documentary burdens.
We can advise on a range of areas including:
- Import and export procedures with the European Union (EU) and the rest of the world (RoW).
- Customs Special Procedures – such as the Inward Processing and Outward Processing regimes.
- Customs Warehousing (often referred to as bonded warehousing) and Temporary Admission facilities.
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) status – whether this regime offers a tangible benefit for your business.
- Guidance concerning the correct classification of goods (including the origin and preference systems) and the correct customs valuation methods.
- Advice relating to excise duties for importers, local breweries, distillers and wholesalers.
- Assisting clients with Customs International Trade (CIT) compliance visits and enquiries initiated by HM Revenue & Customs.
- Guidance relating to the cross-border movement of goods and any related import duty implications.
- Brexit related advice focussing on the potential impact on your end-to-end supply chain – to support your business continuity and contingency planning.
- Bespoke customs duty training sessions.
We are here to help and alleviate some of the uncertainty. Get in touch to explore how our team is able to provide valuable assistance.