19 September 2017
Marygreen Manor, London Road, Brentwood CM14 4NR
Although Academies (and free schools) have the ability to recover VAT incurred on their core activity of providing education free of charge (a 'non-business' activity for VAT purposes), there are still a number of VAT issues facing the sector especially with drive to MATs and the need for generating additional revenue and income.
This breakfast workshop is an informal way to discuss the key issues facing academies, free schools and those preparing to convert to such status. A number of topics will be covered in a short presentation. There will also be ample opportunity to discuss areas that may be causing difficulty as well as to share experiences on matters such as dealing with HMRC.
We would envisage covering the following:
- Breakfast and after school clubs - what is the VAT impact following recent VAT cases in respect of the definition of business and non-business.
- VAT registration issues - legal requirement - what about MATs - the pros and cons.
- Raising additional income - what are the VAT issues?
- Direct attribution or apportionment - business/non-business and partial exemption.
- Sports lets, other lets, sales to parents of musical instruments, laptops, and other items - VAT implications.
- Building and construction.
- Open session - your questions and answers.
Date: 19 September 2017
Time: 07:45am – 09:45am
Venue: Marygreen Manor, London Road, Brentwood CM14 4NR
To book your complimentary place at this event, please contact Sam Windley.